ProForma Single/Multiple User Questions

Tyler Cooper May 25, 2023
  1. Is there a way to limit single user search? I've attempted to use the "Users with Browse Project Permission" but that is not filtering the options. I've checked that Members and Administrators are the only user roles with the Browse Project permission and I'm still seeing all users in the search option. 
  2. Is there a way to link multiple users from a form as Watchers on the issue?

1 answer

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 26, 2023

Hi Tyler - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

One way is to create a Group under User Management (you will need to be a Site Administrator to do this). 

Then create a custom field (single user picker field type) and link the custom field to the Group. 

Then the values for the custom field will only be from the Group. 

Tyler Cooper May 26, 2023

Thanks, John! Will try that and report back. 

Like John Funk likes this
Tyler Cooper June 6, 2023

Hi John, 

We looked to implement your suggestion, but unfortunately ProForma doesn't provide a User Search Type option to use the newly created group (screenshot attached). 

We have linked the single user question to the newly created custom field but that doesn't impact the single user search either. 

Your suggestion does work if we are creating a new issue using the Create button in Jira, but doesn't seem to apply to ProForma. 

Thanks for the suggestion, though!

Screenshot 2023-06-06 at 10.49.29 AM.png

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 7, 2023

Okay, thanks for the update. Have you opened a Bug/Feature Request for Atlassian to make that work in Forms? I would like to vote for that.  :-)

Suggest an answer