Priority order is incorrect

Barry van Oudtshoorn August 9, 2011

I've just upgraded from 4.3.4 to 4.4, and I now find that in all issue lists, ordering by priorities (desc) goes in the order

• Major
  • Critical
  • Blocker
  • Minor
  • Trivial

I've checked the priority order is correctly sorted on the Issue Attributes / Priorities admin screen, and even tried moving them up and down to see if that would fix it. No dice -- this ordering seems to be fixed. Checking the "priority" table in the database shows that the sequence field has the correct ordering (as does the id), but interestingly, the natural order is as follows (sequence/id in brackets):

• (4) Minor
  • (5) Trivial
  • (1) Blocker
  • (2) Critical
  • (3) Major

It looks to me as though there's an ORDER BY clause that's missing... :/

Any ideas on how to go about getting this rectified? Needless to say, it's extremely frustrating.

8 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Barry van Oudtshoorn February 22, 2012

It looks as though this is an issue only for a while after the upgrade... I guess I'll reopen this if I see it again.

2 votes
Vijay Koleti November 30, 2018

I'm seeing this issue now in Jira version 7.12.1.

My Priority Scheme:

• CriticalCritical
  • HighHigh
  • MediumMedium
  • LowLow
  • Good To HaveGood To Have(Default)
  • ON-HOLDON-HOLD

JQL "ORDER BY priority DESC" displays:

• HighHigh
  • MediumMedium
  • CriticalCritical
  • LowLow
  • Good To HaveGood To Have(Default)

1 vote
Jim Ryan August 4, 2020

I'm having this issue also in cloud. `ORDER BY priority DESC` displays issues in this order:

1. Medium
  2. Emergency
  3. High
  4. Medium
  5. Low

Yes, for some reason the "Medium" ones are split into two different groups, even though I have only one "Medium" priority level.

1 vote
Druciaki May 3, 2018

I'm having this issue on the cloud.
Jira 3a3582d9
Any suggestion of how may I fix it?

I've tryed to clear browse cache. No luck so far...

0 votes
Steve Johnson February 8, 2012

It does indeed seem to be OK in 4.4.4. I was initially seeing bad behavior, but it's working fine now. Never mind.

0 votes
srinivasp
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 7, 2012

It seems fixed in 4.4.4

Steve Johnson February 7, 2012

Not from my view. I'm running 4.4.4, which I installed just a few days ago.

srinivasp
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 7, 2012

executed project = BUG ORDER BY priority DESC and i got issues in the following order Blocker, Critical, High, Medium and Low.

Steve Johnson February 8, 2012

It seems to be OK now. I don't know what changed. Maybe it was only a transient problem that occured right after I changed all the priorities. Thanks for your comments.

0 votes

I'm having the same problem. I've set up custom priorities, and the ordering when sorting by priority does not match the order of the priorities in the priority setup area.

0 votes

I'm having the same problem. I've set up custom priorities, and when sorting by priority, the sort order does not match the ordering set up in the administration screen for priority setup.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events