Priority levels - score

Val November 18, 2019

Hello!

i'm looking for a way to prioritize tasks with the same priority.

example:

i have 5 priority levels (highest/high/medium/low/lowest)

have 10 "highest" tasks - and need to arrange them.

idea is to add a custom numeric field (score) and make Reports using it when sorting the tasks. here's an example of sorted list [priority, score]:

1. highest, 10
  2. highest, 5
  3. high, 10
  4. medium, 10
  5. medium, 5

as you can see - "highest,5" is above "high,10" ("priority" is above "score")

is it possible to implement this? if so - this advanced task sorting is available for Reports only - or also to Boards?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 22, 2019

Hello @Val

Thank you for reaching out.

Checking your description, it seems you are trying to add an extra field to prioritize and order each issue of the same priority, so your team can have a clear view of the specific issue they should be working next. Is that correct?

You can indeed create a number custom field to your issues with the name "score" and order your issues by that field secondly, but first ordering by the priority:

project = SCRUM ORDER BY priority, score

Adding that JQL query to your board filter (... >Board settings > Edit Filter Query), the issues of the same priority will be grouped from highest to lowest, however, the score field will determine the order of each specific issue in those groups. Also, that same order will be reflected in your board and reports of JIRA Software.

Please, let me know if that works for you.

Val April 14, 2020

Hi Petter,

The solution works fine, thanks a lot!

0 votes
Dinesh December 14, 2020

Hi All, 

I am working on score cards in JA, so just i want to know the functionality of score card, how it works.. Just want to know that which roles are score card is used in JA. any related document is much appriciated... 

Suggest an answer