Prevent user form creating projects

Alessandro Colla February 14, 2019

I would like to prevent a specific user (or group of users) to be able to create new projects, I could not find anything online, so if someone can point me to a tutorial or the right documentation would be much appreciated.

1 answer

2 votes
Moses Thomas
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 14, 2019

@Alessandro CollaIf you are  system  admin/ Jira admin  go to   System > global permission  check  which group  is  added to   system/Jira admin.   you  will need to  remove  users  from  this group.  you  can  do this by  going  to  user  management, search  for user(s) and  then remove  them from the group.

Best regards,

Moses.

Alessandro Colla February 15, 2019

Thanks for your reply, I did remove that group form jira admin, but the users are sill able to create a new project.

If I remove the "anyone" from "Create indepentent project" the users are unable to create a new project, but, at the same time, they do not see the projects already created for them anymore.

Moses Thomas
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 15, 2019

@Alessandro CollaYou  need to  give them  permission to  these project. Check the permission scheme  and  add user to roles which  have permission to "browse project permission"   or add group  to  the permission scheme to  be able to  view project by giving the the  browse project permission. This customization depends on you. I suggest you also  create  separate permission  scheme  for  each  project.

Best  regards,

Moses

Alessandro Colla February 15, 2019

These specific projects have the permission already setted and it works like I expect.

I guess I have to do some experiments with what you suggest and see if I created the wrong premission schema for my projects

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events