Prevent saving effort if date is past warranty date (1 month after epic release date)

fsantos
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 9, 2024

Is it possible to prevent an effort from being logged/saved when the effort date is more than a month after the release date in the linked epic?  We are trying to prevent users from logging hours to epics that have already been released for more than a month (we refer to as warranty period).

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 9, 2024

Hi @fsantos,

Not exactly as you describe it. But it should be fairly easy to set up a decent workaround. If you add a workflow status to your epic that clearly marks it as Done (meaning: past the warranty period), simply moving the epic into that status and adding a workflow property to that status to block time tracking once its there, should help.

For more information on workflow properties, see this support article and look specifically for the following property:

jira.permission.work.denied

Depending on your process, you may even use automation to automatically move the epic into the Done status when the warranty expires, if you can define a business rule for that - but you can do that manually as well, which may even be more flexible in certain cases.

Hope this helps!

fsantos
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 9, 2024

Thanks, Walter!  I will relay this info to our Jira admin.  Will give feedback on how it goes.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events