Prevent multiple SIL scripts/files

Chris Kast February 6, 2015

I'm new to JJupin/SIL so I apologize if this is obvious. I created a script as a part of a workflow (post-function) and every time I edit the script, it adds a "_n" to the end with n being an incremented number. So now I have myscript.sil, myscript_1.sil, myscript_2.sil, etc.

How can I prevent this happening to where it just overwrites the existing one when I edit? Thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Silviu Burcea
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 6, 2015

Hi Chris,

You can edit the script from the SIL Manager instead of editing the post function.

Best regards,

Silviu

0 votes
eric anier
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 5, 2015

Or when you are on workflow editor, select "Reuse existing script" to prevent creating a new copy.

Regards,

Silviu Burcea
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 5, 2015

That may help for new workflow postfunctions, but if you want to update an existing one, your best shot is SIL Manager.

Suggest an answer