Predefined text in JSD Portal's field

Egle Kaziulionyte October 19, 2018

Hi,

I know it is possible to have a predefined text in a custom field depending on project and issue type ("New context" of cf) in JIRA Software.

Is is somehow possible to have some text filled in e.g. "Description" field in Service Desk portal , but restricted to Request type context? (I mean we have several request types that are mapped to the same issue type; so the "description" field should include predefined text ONLY in one request type.. )

3 answers

0 votes
Egle Kaziulionyte December 3, 2018

and also, it should be available to modify by customer. It would behave as some guidelines what we expect customer to write in Description field.

0 votes
Egle Kaziulionyte October 20, 2018

My purpose is to have some text already written in "Description" field and visible for customer.

0 votes
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 19, 2018

While hiding a field in Request type configuration we can choose to "Set a preset value to hide this field" but the field will be hidden and populated only after the ticket is created by the customer.

Suggest an answer