Pre-set Component for Issue Collectors?

Pan Wong May 2, 2013

Is there anyway to preset the component in the component field in issue collectors? or any other fields for that matter?

We create feedback forms for specific applications so we know what the component will be. However we have multiple components in the project that we do not want external clients to see in the drop down.

4 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Pan Wong May 8, 2013

Hi

Thanks!!

This was very helpful! However it didnt completely answer the component part. It listed it for the basic fields like (Summary, description, name, etc...)

Component was a little bit different and after a bit of researching online with the information provided in the documentation, I was able to preset the component field with the following code

trigger function

fieldValues: {
      components: '10000'
    }

Hopefully they will update the documentation to provide this infomation in the future
Thanks again for the help!
Natalie Hobson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 8, 2013

Oh, sorry - didn't realize you wanted explicit instructions. Glad I was able to get you on the path to your answer though! :D

RobertH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 17, 2014

Does this mean that you have to use the Component ID or do you have a component named 10000?

David Hergert _PAYX_ October 21, 2014

The 10000 is the internal ID of the component value, not the ID of the field (as its not a custom field).

2 votes
Thierry Michel April 17, 2015

Components should not be set to their value but to their ID. This is a number as per the example above your post. you can find out the number by looking at the source code of the page that has the component field.

0 votes
Katy Beavers October 17, 2013

Hi, can you guys help me a little further with the components... i am not able to get the components field successfully prepopulated using the following. Everything else does populate. PSNOW is a valid component for the project. What am I missing?

fieldValues : {
summary : 'Test',
description : '123',
components : 'PSNOW',
fullname : 'Katy',
email : 'myemail@company.com'
},

Anjali Hasthantra August 16, 2022

Try

components : ['PSNOW'],

since it is an array.

0 votes
Natalie Hobson
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 2, 2013

You can! There are instructions for On Demand here. :)

Suggest an answer