PowerShell to add users in local group in Confluence

Spatel November 24, 2020

Can we write some sort of lines in PowerShell to add users in local group in Confluence (like Confluence-user)

2 answers

0 votes
Prince Nyeche
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 28, 2020

Hi @Spatel 

There is no REST API to add users to groups on Confluence Server at least to my knowledge. However if you're Confluence Server, I believe you could easily do so with some SQL queries rather than write a whole script in powershell.

Spatel November 28, 2020

Hi @Prince Nyeche 

I do not have backend access unfortunately and that's the reason I would have to do only in Powershell if that's possible

0 votes
Andrew Laden
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 25, 2020

Take a look at the Bob Swift CLI for Confluence Add on. Might be easier then trying to write powershell to do it. (though I am biased since I am a linux user)

https://bobswift.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/CSOAP/pages/1068174151/addUserToGroup

Spatel November 25, 2020

Hi @Andrew Laden 

Thanks for the Add on. But for now I would not prefer to go for any Add ON. Do you know how to do it from Powershell?

Suggest an answer