Post function to add users to jira is using Rest Api not working in Jira cloud

Madhu Padikar August 7, 2015

Hi All,

I am writing a post function to add JIRA user through Rest api to cloud environment.

The user is not getting added. Will the rest api work in cloud environment?

Its bit urgent please van any one give the answer ?

Regards

Madhu

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 7, 2015

REST works fine on Cloud, so it must be something in your code.  What are you doing and what is the error?

I am trying to create a user and the same code works for my jira server but when tried to do the same on cloud instance it fails with "internal server error" , I am using name,password,emailAddress,displayName , am i missing something

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 7, 2015

I don't know. What's the difference between Cloud and your server?

{"errorMessages":["Cannot add user. 'charlie1' does not exist"],"errors":{}} i am getting this error. I dont know how to proceed

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 7, 2015

That's telling you that a user called charlie1 is not present on Cloud. Check your used ids. Also, you haven't explained *what* you're trying to do, or how.

I corrected it. Now its working. Thanks Nic :)

Suggest an answer