Post Function Condition Where Value Is None

Bryan Harte October 2, 2016

I have a Post Function set up to send an email based on the value in a field but would like to improve it to minimise the amounts of updates I'd need to make in future if the options available to the user changes.

I am currently using the below code as a condition which works, but would prefer this to be a "does not contain" or "value = null" option so that it only doesn't get sent when the standard JIRA "None" option is selected in the Select List (single choice) that this condition refers to:

['Tbc', '1-3 (Small)', '4-6 (Medium)', '7-9 (Large)', 'Bespoke timescales required', 'More detail required', 'Content In Progress', 'Content Complete', 'RR No Feedback', 'RR Feedback Actioned'].contains(cfValues['Retail Support'].value)

Any advice on this would be great, I've used this a lot in different workflows and it really would save me a lot of time in the long run.

1 answer

1 vote
adammarkham
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 20, 2016

From what I can gather your main requirement is to not send an email if the value of the custom field is None.

Your condition should just be:

cfValues['Retail Support'].value

If None is selected the value will be null and Groovy will coerce null to false.

Suggest an answer