Portfolio view, how to move all unfinished stories to next sprint

Ravi Chamuturi
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 20, 2019

We have 18 Sprint teams  under one Portfolio.  We start and complete sprint on a cadence for all 18 at the Portfolio level.  JIRA doesn't allow us the move unfinished stories to Next Sprint, with one command for all projects.  When we do this, system moves only the unfinished stories of one Sprint Team into next sprint. Is there a way we can do this at Portfolio level?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 20, 2019

Hi @Ravi Chamuturi ,

there's no way to do that. From Agile perspective, if you don't complete a story within a sprint it should be go back to the backlog and, if you need to plan for the next sprint it should be analyzed in the next Sprint Planning. 

In the meantime, other stories wil be in the backlog and potentially they could have more priority/rank than uncompleted stories.

From my point of view it is not a technical problem.

Ciao,
Fabio

Ravi Chamuturi
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 20, 2019

Thanks for the response.  I agree with you on the Agile concept.   The JIRA tools allows you to move the story to Next sprint for one Sprint team.  My question if the same functionality is available at the Portfolio level.  We move the unfinished stories to next sprint only when all the 18 Product Owners agree that the unfinished stories are still high priority and should be in the next sprint. 

Suggest an answer