Portfolio Epic Ordering Permission?

Comb Hua June 22, 2015

While learning how to use Portfolio, I created a new sandbox project and Portfolio plan. In my original Portfolio plan, I have the ability to reorder Epics. In my new Portfolio plan, I do not (the numbers are greyed out). I have compared JIRA project and Portfolio plan configurations and cannot figure out why I can't get permission to reorder/reprioritize my epics in the Portfolio plan view. 

It would be wonderful if Portfolio noticed things like this and via a tooltip, let the user know what permission they're missing so it can be fixed or requested by the end user.

Below, you can see the numbers greyed out and I am unable to drag them up/down to reflect priority. I can change priorities in the project itself (I made sure I have the 'Schedule' permission.)

jira_portfolio_epic_ordering.JPG

Thanks for your help!

3 answers

16 votes
Mercurytide Ltd July 23, 2015

I just got stuck with this too.

Finally figured out it is because I had sorted by a different column – you have to click the # heading to sort by priority to be able drag/drop to update the ordering.

Jean-Claude Passy September 20, 2016

Thanks!

Ameer Abbas February 4, 2017

thanks, i was stuck as well.  this helped smile

Nadine Sidhpura September 27, 2017

Me too! Thank you!

Leticia August 19, 2018

Thanks a ton! This was super helpful. :D

Prasad Kawadkar March 12, 2021

I was stuck here too. Thanks!

0 votes
Jovanna Pugh February 14, 2019

This helped me too, thank you!  It's very unclear that enabling drag & drop requires sorting by the number column.

0 votes
NNor2017 May 18, 2018

Thanks! JIRA portfolio should have a tooltip whenever this happens. I had to search online to solve this issue also. 

Suggest an answer