Portfolio: Anyone know why I can't select sprints from scheduled settings? It's greyed out

Zahra Fakhri September 26, 2017

When I select 

- Schedule settings

- Show - Sprints is greyed out and I can't select it.portfolio issue.PNG

1 answer

0 votes
Jason Golden
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 29, 2017

Two possible reasons:

1) Most common is your teams need to have the the same planning mode (Scrum), sprint length, and sprints per board (if using board and not project/query). Some common examples:

* One team is Kanban, the other is Scrum
* You have two Scrum teams, but they have different iteration lengths
* You are using more than one Scrum board in your project settings and they have conflicts of some kind with their custom sprints

2) There are edge cases where if you're using JQL for your plan definition that includes both Epic Name and Epic Link, it's been known to not work correctly.

Can you check your Teams section and see if #1 helps? If not, paste a screenshot of that page and we'll help further.

-Jason Golden
Denver AUG Leader

Allard van Helbergen
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 2, 2017

Hi @izzah,

Because of 1) in @Jason Golden  reply, showing sprints only makes sense when the timeline is also grouped by Team. See if setting that works for you.

Cheers,
Allard

Suggest an answer