Populate several fields while create issue from mail via JETI

Hans-Hermann Hunfeld June 2, 2016

Dear all,

we´re just evaluating JETI in order to process a hug amount of incoming mails, basically it´s working. in our usecase we try to populate some customfields (JIRA single select lists) based on the receiving address, but i can only manage to update one field. I couldn´t find any setting or documentation how to to this simple task, so please give me a hint how to manage that.Here´s a screenshot how the current settings are:

2016-06-02 17_52_00-JIRA Email This Issue Plugin Configuration - JIRA 4 BIZ.jpg

Another topic is to identify or label each mail based on which mail handler processed the mail. The reason is to monitor if each incoming mail was processed successfully so we try to build a JQL query to get all issues being create by mailhandler A yesterday and compare this value (could be 100 issues) with data from our mailserver. So my initial intention was to add another customfield to the JETI field rules, but it seems that you cannot limit a set of rules to a particular mailhandler, can i? How to realize such kind of monitoring?

Many thanks for your help!

Best regards,
Hans-Hermann

1 answer

0 votes
Tibor Hegyi _META-INF_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 9, 2016

Hi,

JETI can initialize or update issue field or custom fields when an email is processed. Please see the related documentation page: https://www.meta-inf.hu/display/PLUG/Field+Contexts

Does it help you?

To search for issues created by email you can do the following:

1. Either use a JETI JQL function (details here: https://www.meta-inf.hu/display/PLUG/JQL+Functions)
  2. Add a Label to the issues created from emails. Labels can be added easily via FIeld Contexts and Field Rules.

Please let me know if you have any more specific questions.

Thank you,

Tibor

Shaikh Moiz November 11, 2016

Hello Tibor,

can we initialize component without any rule.

I created one rule just to update the component field and in the regular expression I mentioned as * but still the component was not initialized when the issue was created by incoming mail handler.

Any guess why this is not working.

Regards,

Moiz.

Shaikh Moiz November 11, 2016

Hi Tibor,

It worked with . (dot)

Thanks,

Moiz.

Tibor Hegyi _META-INF_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 11, 2016

Just wanted to write this exactly smile maybe a better option is .* which makes the character optional.

Suggest an answer