Populate Confluence from Jira field by field

KPAH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 19, 2013

Hi.

First, I know about Jira Issue function and Jira Issue macro in Conflunce. It doesn't suit my needs exactly.

What I need is a static table in Confluence (made manually), and cells in this table pull data from Jira.

I.e, a two-column one-row table like this:

Manual Field Name    |   Assignee in a certain Jira issue.

^Static entry                  ^Dynamic entry populated from Jira

So when Assignee in Jira changes, the field will be automatically udated when the confluence page is rendered. Basically I need a dynamic link to a field in Jira with the field contents as display name.

For now, I plan to transpose Jira Issues macro results, which is a pain.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 20, 2013

Have you though about using the SQL-query Macro to query the JIRA database directly?

KPAH
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 20, 2013

Hi. I understand why you proposed that, but sorry paying Atlassian and 3rd parities to get basic features you have everywhere else for free, but not Atalssian buggy software, is against my company policy.

Nevertheless, thank you for the suggestion. I really could use some SQL here. Totally forgot Jira stores information in a database the proper way, not the idioitic semi-textfile based way Confluence rolls. But no more paid plugins, sorry.

Suggest an answer