Plugin for IssueNavigator - is it possible ?

Mik February 17, 2013

Hi Guys.

I'm using Jira 5.2.3

Is it possible writte plugin for issue navigaror, where I can in my Java code, catch

List<Issue> and jql query

and make some changes on this list programmaticaly ?

Thanks a lot.

Regards

Mik

3 answers

0 votes
Mik February 17, 2013

Hi Guys, thanks for yours answers, this is very valueable.

I would like ask you about, what do you think about changes in orginal Issue Navigator plugin.

I have downloaded source code and analize it right now.

This is what I need to do is provide own sort, maybee comparator for some types of customfield.

I am using nFeed plugin

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.valiantys.jira.plugins.SQLFeed

but unfortunatelly it's working wrong me, becouse this one sort over custom field values but I need order by labels.

Thaks

Regards

Mik

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 17, 2013

I really would not mess with the original issue navigator - you'll make it unsupportable and it won't match documentation and so-on.

I'm not quite sure exactly what you are aiming to do here, but if it is just about sorting, then yes, you can write a plugin that will sort associated fields in whatever way you want. This won't affect the core of the issue navigator at all, so it's likely to be a far more simple solution (and supportable too)

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 17, 2013

The issue navigator is a view of a filter.

You probably don't really want to try to change that, as you'll confuse your users - "I put in filter X and it's not displaying it right". You've also got the problem that the navigator is the result, so it's rendered after the filter has executed to find issues.

It's also not really that useful to say "list <issue> and JQL query". To get your list of issues, you need to run a JQL query already.

Anyway, what you could do quite easily is to create a new "view" plugin for the navigator (like RSS, XML, Excel etc). In one of those you are free to do what you like, so you could take your list of issues (from a filter the user has) and when they click on the alternate view, add your extra clauses to their query before displaying it.

0 votes
dleng
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 17, 2013

You can actually avoid the hassle of writing custom code by using JIRA's built-in bulk change functionality, and it works on a per-filter basis as you require: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Modifying+Multiple+('Bulk')+Issues

On the other hand: https://developer.atlassian.com/display/JIRADEV/Plugin+Tutorial+-+JIRA+Issue+CRUD+and+Search

Suggest an answer