Plugin - Project Management and Prioritisation

James Sheffield August 14, 2012

Hi,

Just started using the JIRA system and greenhopper. One of my challenges is the ability to manage queries and enhancements providing a clear priority to our developers (Prioirty order rather than High, Medium, Low). Further the plugin should provide me with additional reporting capabilities such as more detailed lists of priorities with the status of each (enhancements, bugs) Are there any plugins that give me this ability and if so what would you recommend?

Thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 14, 2012

Use the Greenhopper Ranking stuff - that lets you put a specific and unique order on every issue, and is available as part of all the reporting.

Skim https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/GH/Ranking+an+Issue and see if that helps (Frankly, if the standard "handful of priorities" in Jira doesn't work for your project, then Ranking is absolutely what you need - there's no other fields or plugins that get you anywhere near this level of functionality! I tend to use "priority" to assess what the users think is important, then we can Rank stuff inside our projects, bearing it in mind)

0 votes
Maarten van Malland August 14, 2012

I agree, we are using the Greenhopper 'ranking' functionality for this exactly.

It works great and our po's are really happy with it.

Suggest an answer