Plugin Jira cloud for excel

Ricardo Plens November 14, 2019

Hi

I'm using the JIRA.JQL function but it is bringing unnecessary information on the first two lines, such as the time that was imported and the number of rows, this harms to generate graphics because I can not use the column header, help me?

Erro plugin.PNG

1 answer

0 votes
Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 15, 2019

Hi @Ricardo Plens , 

I think you can ignore the first 2 rows when generating graphs. 

Let me know if the following works for you:

- Select all columns and insert a graph

- Right click on the graph and select "Select data source"

- Change the series values to start from the third row, e.g. change =Sheet1!$K$1:$K$282 to =Sheet1!$K$3:$K$282. Do the same for the Horizontal axis labels. 

This should make the graph only take into account data from the third row (where the Jira data starts).

Alternatively, you could select the table manually (click and drag) before you generate the graph.

Would that work?

Ricardo Plens November 18, 2019

Hello @Tanguy Crusson 

I do not use excel to generate graphs but Power BI, so I use excel only as a database to update the information in real time, I will try to find some alternative within Power BI, anyway thank you for your help.

Like Tanguy Crusson likes this
David Leal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 24, 2022

I have a similar problem, I would like to get rid of the log information. The equivalent JIRA function from Jira Cloud for Spreadsheet (google) doesn't generate this information (only error information is reported). It should be something customizable. For example if I want to just have the count of the resulting query I cannot do it because of the log information printed. Created a feature request: API-560. Please vote for it, it has a resource assigned and they are gathering interest.

Suggest an answer