Permissions: only assignee should be able to take action on a workflow?

Christina_Tkach October 24, 2018

Hi all!

How do I make it so that only the assignee can move the issue into the next step in the workflow? 

For example,

1. When an item is in TRIAGE, it is assigned to person A.
  2. To put it from TRIAGE to IN PROGRESS, person A should take action.
  3. At this point, anyone (person A, B, C etc.) take the action and push the item from TRIAGE to IN PROGRESS.

The requirement is to put a restriction, so that only person A (assignee, and Admins I guess) can push the item. 

Any tips? 

Thank you.

1 answer

3 votes
Michael Bachmann October 24, 2018

The easiest way would be to add a condition to the transition in the workflow, see the appropriate documentation: Advanced workflow configuration

Christina_Tkach October 24, 2018

Thank you! Very helpful!

2 questions: 

1. there is an option "only assignee condition" - for the sake of not breaking my workflow, can I use that AND "permission condition" together (assignee & admins/leads etc). 

2. is there a way to add this to all of the transitions at once, or do I have to do it individually? 

Thanks!

Michael Bachmann October 24, 2018

1. Yes, you can add multiple conditions and combine them, just make sure you select the correct operator ("Any" creates an "OR" condition)

Transition_ in progress - Jira_2018-10-25_08-35-16.png - Windows-Fotoanzeige_2018-10-25_08-38-00.png

2. If they are all separate transitions then no, you have to add the condition to every transition manually.

Suggest an answer