Permissions on Issue Types

bhavani chandrasekhar May 27, 2015

. A is a project, B, C and D are the Issue types under that project. Group 1 has permissions for project A who can create issue in any of these Issue types 

but once the tickets are created, I want to limit of viewing the issues which are created by others. 

EG:

Say, User 1 of Group 1 Created a ticket under B issue type, User 2 of group 1 should not be able to view User 1's issue, though he is in Group 1 and group 1 has permissions of A project.

is it possible to do it ? 

Pls help me, this is little urgent 

3 answers

1 vote
Haris Psarropoulos May 27, 2015

Not sure if I am actually helping here but according to my experience in Jira, the permission scheme is applied on project level and not on ticket level. So, if you have browse project permission for a project, you are allowed to see all the tickets within that project and there is no way from restricting view on specific ticket types or specific parts of information within a ticket.

Hopefully I am not wrong and missleading

bhavani chandrasekhar May 27, 2015

Thank you

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 27, 2015

Check Issue Security Schemes

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 27, 2015

This has been discussed many times here (https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-1330). Also includes different solutions.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 27, 2015

The main one being "use issue security and automate it so issue type X takes security level-1 and type Y takes level-2, and so on"

Suggest an answer