Permissions for labels and other specific fields?

Philip Colmer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 12, 2014

Is it possible, either out of the box or through a plugin, to restrict who can edit labels and other specific fields even though that person might have overall edit rights to an issue?

Thanks.

2 answers

1 vote
Yossi Zinger January 12, 2014

We needed a similar restrictions for the fix version/s field, so my solution was this:

- Hide the field from the standard edit issue screen

- Create special global transitions for changing it; these transition has a special screen, just with the field, and a condition of 'user is in group X', so that only users in the specified group will be able to see and use these transitions.

Unfortunately, once we upgraded to JIRA 6, the inline-edit feature ruined everything; anyone with the appropriate issue permission can edit this field now (since, as a system field, it's always displayed).

1 vote
Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 12, 2014

Security is at the issue level, not at field level. You can ,however, using javascript, make fields read-only, but this is not a security solution.

There's a plugin that promise you that, https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.quisapps.jira.jfsbut I do not tried it, nor I know if it has support for labels.

Suggest an answer