Permissions for edit not working in Workflow steps

Nannette Mori April 13, 2021

Jira8.13

In my permission scheme  Administrators and Developer roles have permission to edit.  

On the transition to Done status I have a pre-condition that only Product Owner Role can transition to Done

In my workflow properties I had

jira.edit.permission.group.1 = jira administrators

jira.edit.permission.group.2 = Product Owners

When I removed the second group Product Owners, users could not transition to "Done" and there was a blank message at the top of the screen.

If I add back in jira.edit.permission.group.2 = Product Owners users (Product Owners can transition to done) however they can also edit the issue.  We only want role Administrators or group jira-administrators to be able to edit an issue in the "Done" state.

I don't know why Product Owners can't transition to Done without jira.edit.permission.group.2 = Product Owner Role

How can I edit locked down to just administrators, without impacting the ability to transition to done?

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 20, 2021

@Nannette Mori 

Can you share your permission scheme?

Nannette Mori September 20, 2021

I wish I could but I work in a closed Area so it is not possible for me to share my permission scheme. 

But we have groups and you have to be a member of a group and the members of that group have certain roles that are used for setting permissions.

Suggest an answer