Permissions Scheme

Calvin Wilbers February 27, 2013

Sent: Thursday, February 28, 2013 9:36 AM
To: Youngblood, Derrick; Wilbers, Calvin; Ousley, Brandon
Subject: FW: JIRA

Hey guys,

I added some users Developer Project Role for a CD APP Background Screening Project this past Monday. We do this to allow the CD Help Desk staff to have developer rights to CD projects but not to any other Project. It seems to be working for everyone except Ron Sharr. I removed and re-added his username and nothing changes. In fact, I removed a person from the FACES project that had left the CD Help Desk and I can’t get the update to take.

So I’m thinking the UPDATE isn’t working or my rights are not allowing the update to take place. I was able to add the entire team of CD Help Desk staff to the CDBS project on Monday.

I don’t know, it’s weird because all access to the CDBS project work except Ron’s. All of our projects use the same Permissions Scheme and he’s able to act as a Developer on the FACES project as an override to the project roles. So I know that hasn’t changed.

Sent: Thursday, February 28, 2013 9:39 AM
To: Youngblood, Derrick; Wilbers, Calvin; Ousley, Brandon
Subject: FW: JIRA

Correction: None of the people I added to the CDBS project are seeing the Development screen. They show up in the Project People but they don’t actually have the permissions.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 27, 2013

I suspect Ron has two accounts - he's using one and the other is being added into the project.

There's no "update" in the permissions - either someone is in a group or role and has the permissions, or they are not. You can check the exact state of Ron's account by looking at his profile.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 27, 2013

Ok, it's a bit vague from our side - what does "developer access" mean in this context? Is it "can see issues in the project" or something else? That's the line to look at in the permission scheme.

Then look at Ron's exact roles in the project (and groups if you're using them) and see where the overlap is.

Calvin Wilbers February 27, 2013

Thanks Nic, though she stated that none of the people she added to the CDBS project are seeing the Development Screen. I forced a manual sync on the LDAP. Though the user is showing up in the JIRA system already I don't believe that did anything. I'm thinking it something with Permission Schemes but I do not know...

Suggest an answer