Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Permission to see archived versions

Hi everyone,

Why does Jira does not allow any user to access the list of archived versions on the project Releases screen?

Why do I need to grant users the "Administer Projects" permission just for them to be able to see the list of archived versions?

The list of archived versions should be available to everyone. Or at least Jira should have a specific permission to allow some users to see this list instead of granting them the "Administer Projects" permission.

Am I missing something?

Thank you.

2 answers

FYI, I've reported this as a suggestion, please vote:  https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-73795 

0 votes
Deleted user Oct 10, 2018

Hi @Carlos Henriques,

Unfortunately, JIRA doesn't allow users to see the list of archived versions on the project releases section unless the user has Administer Projects permission.

There are few other apps like Version Manager for Jira whose functionality is also limited to released / unreleased versions.

Regards,

Priyanka

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you