Permission to create projects using "templates", without being administrator

lucale May 21, 2021

Hi all,

I have a user profile in Jira.

Since I'll have a lot of projects, I wonder if there is a way my administrator can permit me to create these projects, without having the whole permission of an administrator.

If it's possible, I'd like to create the new projects following some templates implemented by my administrator.

Thank you for your support!

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Vikrant Yadav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 21, 2021

Hi @lucale  Welcome to Atlassian Community!

If you are a project admin not JIRA Admin >> You can modify following thing in Project :- 

1. Add New Users to a Project Role

2. Modify Workflow ( Condition :- Not shared with any other project)

3. Manage Screen like Add fields in the screen, arrange field as per your need, or remove the fields from screen. ( Condition :- Not shared with any other project)

And Yes, it's possible to create project using Workflow post function. JIRA Admin create a workflow and put post function to create new project. You only need to create issue , change the status of issue and project get created. But this ScriptRunner Plugin or any other Paid plugin is required. It's not feasible without plugins. 

It's better to ask JIRA Admin for new Project creation as this is Admin task and ask them to keep seperate workflow and screen for each project. So that you can change as your need.

Thanks

Suggest an answer