Permission required for access to automation

Todd Winton January 11, 2018

I work in two different environments of jira.  In one, I have sys admin access running jira v 7.3 and have no problem accessing automation.  IN another environment, I have application admin access and do not running jira v6.4.  Is sys admin access required in order to make changes to automation?

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 16, 2018

Hi Todd,

No, system administrator shouldn't be required to view the Automation section of Jira Service Desk.

Could you do me a favor, and go to the Jira Service Desk project on 6.4 where you're not able to see "Automation" and click on the "Email Requests" option, and let me know if you get an error. That will help us to test if you have the right permissions.

Please also send me a screenshot of the options you do have for the Project Settings on that Service Desk project.

Thank you!

Regards,

Shannon

Todd Winton February 2, 2018

Shannon,

This is not automation in JSD.  This is automation plugin used in Jira as a whole

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 5, 2018

Thank you for confirming, Todd.

If it's an add-on we'll want to have the vendor have a look at your question. It may have been a change between 7.3 and 6.4. 

Could you confirm it's this add-on? Then I can properly tag your question for the vendor:

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer