Permission condition in workflow and remove default JIRA buttons

Jyoti Kishnani November 24, 2011

I am facing two issues.

1. I want to either remove "Assign" , Assigne to Me" buttons from the screen Or just have these buttons visible only tow administrator. Bascially, I want only Administartor to be able to assigne issues to users. Let me know how to achieve it
  2. I have created custom workflow where user send bugs for review (defailt workflow opens bug after creation). Again, I want only administartor to be able to assign and open bug. I tired putting condition to this step but does not work.

Many Thanks,

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 9, 2011

I created a new user group and that user group was the only group that could change state for my review state. If I remember the steps correctly,

1) create a new user group 'review_group' and assign the users that group

2) Add a post function that only that group can transistion to the next state.

Jyoti Kishnani December 11, 2011

Thanks, I was able to solve this problem by setting permissions.

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 24, 2011
  1. Go into the permission scheme and make sure only "jira administrators" have "assign" permission.
  2. Same again for "create" permission. Conditions only apply to transitions on existing issues so I'm not actually sure what you're actually trying to do, or what you've looked at on this one.
Jyoti Kishnani November 28, 2011

Thanks for prompt response. . I run into other issue. The workflow I have is like following

1. "User" creates a bug and after this immediately bug goes under "Review" (i modified the workflow to achieve this)
  2. "Review" step contains a screen which has "Assignee" , "Priority" and "Milestone" fields. Using this custom screen, Admin will open the bug to developer.

So now when I make only Admin to have "Assign" permission, I don't get to see "Assignee" field on this custom screen which pops up.

Jyoti Kishnani November 28, 2011

Also, I am not able to see "Assignee" field in default screen if I do not add "users' to Assign Issues under Permissions.

Assign Issues

Ability to assign issues to other people.
  • Project Role (Administrators) (Delete)
  • Project Role (Users) (Delete)
0 votes
Mageswari December 9, 2011

You could try using post-function in CREATE transition (OPEN step) and hard code the Assignee name -if it is a single person who'll be assigning bugs.

Or

even make your Assignee to be Automatic which can inturn point to your administrator.

0 votes
Jyoti Kishnani December 9, 2011

I was able to slove this problem with permission settings.

Suggest an answer