Performing a workflow transition on comments and edits

Martin Johst June 6, 2013

I have configured a listener to perform a workflow transition on comments but when I comment the issue nothing happens. I followed the documentation on Atlassian Documentation with the same title as the issue title. (https://confluence.atlassian.com/x/lQDtBg) The same function is used by the Atlassian Support. Is there anything else to do?

4 answers

0 votes
JPB September 18, 2014

Hi Martin, where is that info, this link is broken (https://confluence.atlassian.com/x/lQDtBg) and I need to do something similar, thanks

0 votes
Alex Perez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 6, 2013

Include some logging in the listener code. I've wrote a very similar listener to transition when reported commented or attach a file when the issue is in status foo. Common causes are:

Does the transition require some fields informed, or the user belonging to certain role?

Does the user executing the transition the necessary permissions?

Try to log as the user who executes the transition (not necessarily the same who commented/edited the issue) and try to execute it manually.

HTH

0 votes
Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 6, 2013

Do you see any errrs in the log when you add a comment ? If you have followed all the steps the listener should work . you might have missed something

0 votes
MatthewC
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 6, 2013

You probably need to include some kind of logs.

hopefully you will have written your plugin to include some debug output.

Suggest an answer