Performing a workflow transition on comments and edits

I have configured a listener to perform a workflow transition on comments but when I comment the issue nothing happens. I followed the documentation on Atlassian Documentation with the same title as the issue title. (https://confluence.atlassian.com/x/lQDtBg) The same function is used by the Atlassian Support. Is there anything else to do?

4 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

You probably need to include some kind of logs.

hopefully you will have written your plugin to include some debug output.

Mizan Community Champion Jun 06, 2013

Do you see any errrs in the log when you add a comment ? If you have followed all the steps the listener should work . you might have missed something

Include some logging in the listener code. I've wrote a very similar listener to transition when reported commented or attach a file when the issue is in status foo. Common causes are:

Does the transition require some fields informed, or the user belonging to certain role?

Does the user executing the transition the necessary permissions?

Try to log as the user who executes the transition (not necessarily the same who commented/edited the issue) and try to execute it manually.

HTH

Hi Martin, where is that info, this link is broken (https://confluence.atlassian.com/x/lQDtBg) and I need to do something similar, thanks

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

262 views 1 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you