• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Pasting a table leads to "Unable to render embedded object: File ()"

Dear all,

we are currently using Jira (server version) to manage our marketing campaign per calendar week. So basically you can find all information (pictures, texts, kpis) for a campaign in a jira-ticket. As we have several markets and therefore different languages it makes sense to structure these texts as a table which is part of the ticket description. 

Problem:

As soon as we copy texts (from excel) containing an "!" mark we often get an "Unable to render embedded object: File ()"-error. I think that this is a know issue with tables in Jira so my question is: Is there any solution/workaround to make it easier to copy and paste tables into Jira without manually modifying the texts afterwards.

Thanks and best regards

Max

1 answer

0 votes

Hello @Maximilian Dorr,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

Just for a better understanding of the issue, I would like to know what Jira Version you are using.

Can you share with us an example of a text you are pasting in Jira? Feel free to share a screenshot of the table in Excel or just the text (just make sure to hide private information).

I found a feature request created in 2017 and it was updated last year, so I would like more information just to make sure if it’s the same issue and if there is a workaround. The feature doesn’t mention tables, so I would like to test using the same steps as you.

Kind regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you