Pasting a screen shot

Jamie Wadhams January 25, 2018

I am trying to paste a screenshot the a ticket, but can't find how to do that on the cloud version

2 answers

1 vote
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 25, 2018

Hi Jamie,

just use CTRL+V (paste) in your browser (you have to put the screenshot first into your clipboard)

Thanks Thomas

I have the image on my clipboard (Mac)

But if I open attachments it only allows me to upload a file

If I try to paste in to the description, nothing happens...

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 25, 2018

not attachments, just click ctrl+v in the issue detail view - that's all

Doesn't want to work for me son Mac :(

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 26, 2018

On a mac you can still use the "Command" + V to paste the contents of your clipboard.   Thomas is correct in that if you're looking at the issue details page in Jira of an issue, and your clipboard has image data, then just pasting to the issue itself will automatically either upload the file, or present a dialog box for you to upload that image.

0 votes
Denitsa Dimcheva June 11, 2019

I experienced the same issue under Windows. It took a while to find the reason was in the browser used - Edge.

After switching to Chrome, "Paste" started to work OK ;-)

Suggest an answer