It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Paste formatting in Jira description

Hello, when I copy from confluence to Jira I would like to keep the formatting. 

I have a page that is used as a brief template to insert contents into jira descriptions, and I need a team of 50 to be able to copy paste these details into Jira without losing the format.

Is that possible? The only way I know is in the issue side view, but with epics you do not get that view.

2 answers

0 votes

Hello Jade,

Thank you for getting in touch with Atlassian Community!
Jira and Confluence have different editors, so currently when you copy some text from Confluence, it will not be pasted in Jira with the same format as it is on Confluence.
We have a feature request suggesting the implementation of this ability:
- https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-62374

We also have a feature suggesting for Jira to have WYSIWYG editor:
- https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-8943

Please, click on vote and watch to receive updates about the features.

Regards,
Angélica

0 votes

Hey @Jade Melcher , although not the greatest solution... 

I copy directly from Confluence, paste it in the comment section on the issue, and then cut it from the comments without posting it, and paste it into the description field. 

It's weird that we have to do it that way, but it does take the re-formatting out and can be done in a few seconds so whatever. 

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published in Jira

Jira Cloud for Google Sheets: Automatically Refresh Your Data!

Remember that time you realized it was possible to refresh your Jira data in Google sheets with just one click? What if we told you that you can now get the latest data with no clicks at all?! Zero! ...

7,367 views 33 29
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you