Password Reset with LDAP

We have recently moved from a Crowd directory to an LDAP. Everything is working fine, except the Password Reset hyperlink on the Log-In page in Jira, is still pointing to the Crowd directory. Can anyone help me find out where (and how) to change the password function, using our LDAP User Directory?

2 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Leslie, I'd suggest to check two configurations:

• External user management, check whether it's on or off;
  • $JIRA_INSTALL/atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/web.xml, check whether there is any modification to this file.

I hope it helps.

Cheers

Hi Leslie, I'm adding this comment just to share the information from the support ticket with our community. We noticed that the login gadget was modified according to this KB.

Cheers

This widget could not be displayed.
  1. Unzip the jira-gadgets-plugin-x.jar from the atlassian-bundled-plugins.zip file.
  2. Modify the gadgets/login.xml file in the jira-gadgets-plugin-x.jar file
    1. (Do not need to do this step in version 4.3)
    2. Search for "forgotPassword.hide();" in Jira 4.2.2 it is on line 77
      1. Comment this line out so that the "Can't access your account?" link will be re-enabled
  3. Search for "buttons-container", in Jira 4.2.2 it is on line 217, at the bottom of the file.
    1. Within this tag you will notice a section
    2. <a class="cancel" href="__ATLASSIAN_BASE_URL__/secure/ForgotLoginDetails.jspa" ......
    3. Modify the section in between the quotes in the href tag with the url of your choice.
  4. Copy the jira-gadgets-plugin-x.jar back into the atlassian-bundled-plugins.zip file.
  5. Restart Jira

This is a compilation of several answers; and this is what ultimately allowed me to change the URL that was underneath the "Forgot My Password" hyperlink.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

118 views 1 2
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you