Password Reset with LDAP

Leslie Coleman May 5, 2014

We have recently moved from a Crowd directory to an LDAP. Everything is working fine, except the Password Reset hyperlink on the Log-In page in Jira, is still pointing to the Crowd directory. Can anyone help me find out where (and how) to change the password function, using our LDAP User Directory?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Tiago Comasseto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 5, 2014

Hi Leslie, I'd suggest to check two configurations:

• External user management, check whether it's on or off;
  • $JIRA_INSTALL/atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/web.xml, check whether there is any modification to this file.

I hope it helps.

Cheers

Tiago Comasseto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 8, 2014

Hi Leslie, I'm adding this comment just to share the information from the support ticket with our community. We noticed that the login gadget was modified according to this KB.

Cheers

0 votes
Leslie Coleman June 3, 2014
  1. Unzip the jira-gadgets-plugin-x.jar from the atlassian-bundled-plugins.zip file.
  2. Modify the gadgets/login.xml file in the jira-gadgets-plugin-x.jar file
    1. (Do not need to do this step in version 4.3)
    2. Search for "forgotPassword.hide();" in Jira 4.2.2 it is on line 77
      1. Comment this line out so that the "Can't access your account?" link will be re-enabled
  3. Search for "buttons-container", in Jira 4.2.2 it is on line 217, at the bottom of the file.
    1. Within this tag you will notice a section
    2. <a class="cancel" href="__ATLASSIAN_BASE_URL__/secure/ForgotLoginDetails.jspa" ......
    3. Modify the section in between the quotes in the href tag with the url of your choice.
  4. Copy the jira-gadgets-plugin-x.jar back into the atlassian-bundled-plugins.zip file.
  5. Restart Jira
Leslie Coleman June 3, 2014

This is a compilation of several answers; and this is what ultimately allowed me to change the URL that was underneath the "Forgot My Password" hyperlink.

Suggest an answer