Pass Variable Values for fileds of the Jira Issue Collector

niraj December 22, 2020

End Goal:

I want to pass default values for the issue collector form depending upon currently logged in user details. EX. if Niraj is logged into my product and when he tries to open an issue collector form then his name will be automatically added in the name field of the form.

I found the documentation for setting up a default values for any fields from the index.html file but those values are permanent it means I can't set different values for the different users.

THANKS in advance!! Let me know if anyone faced a similar problem and able to find the required workarounds.

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 24, 2020

Hello @niraj

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Per your description, I understand you would like to automatically set some fields in the issue based on the user that is being selected in the issue creation when using the issue collector. Is that correct?

I believe the easy way to achieve that would be to use Jira automation. These would be the steps:

1. Set a default value to any field in order to identify the issues that were created using the issue navigator
  2. Navigate to your project configured with the issue collector > Project settings > automation
  3. Create a new automation rule, using conditions to select the issues created from the issue collector and set the required fields based on the reporter. You can check an example below:
    Screen Shot 2020-12-24 at 13.55.03.png

Let us know if that works.

niraj January 15, 2021

Hi @Petter Gonçalves

I guess you have misunderstood the issue. Let me explain the use case again.

I am using an issue collector inside my product UI, which is a SAAS product and we are using an issue collector to get a feedback/raise a bug from our product itself from our customers. For that, I want to pass an information of the user(ex. Name and email Id of the customer) who is giving a feedback/raising a bug, So that we can have an idea about which of our customer has raised a bug/gave us a feedback.

I have found a documentation for the similar use case, where I can pass a predefined values along with other details while using an issue collector BUT those values remains fixed always, I can't make these values variables and modify it depending upon the user who is logged in to out product UI.

santhu2210 October 1, 2021

Hi @niraj and @Petter Gonçalves 

I have the same requirement in my application, do you find anything(notes/snippets) to pass the name, and email dynamically(based on logged in) and populate to issue/feedback collector form?

Any answers/suggestions might be helpful

Thanks

Shanthakumar

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders