Parent workflow Done button disappears when creating subtask

Gerard Cattin October 4, 2016

I have a parent workflow  (Logged, Tier 1 Research, Tier 2 Research, Tier 3 Research, Reopened, Closed, Pending Client Info, Client Follow Up, Data Fix In Process) where all status can go to any status. Upon create, the status goes to Logged.The Closed status also has a transition to Re-opened.

I also have a simple subtask workflow (To do, In Progress, Done) with all statuses going to any status.

When I create a parent card, the create issue workflow starts the card in Logged status, as expected. It also displays Done, and Reopened as buttons and the rest of the workflow steps are stashed under the Workflow button. All of this works as expected.

Now, add a subtask, and the Done button disappears from the menu. Instead, the Tier 2 Research state appears. Subtasks can be transitioned freely to In Progress and Done and To Do as the subtask workflow allows, but even with all the subtasks closed (marked as Done), the parent card cannot be closed as the workflow step is nowhere to be found.

If I delete all the subtasks of a parent card, then the initial workflow is displayed again and the parent card can be closed using the Done button.

Where did the Done button go when I create subtasks? How do I preserve the ability to close a parent card that contains subtasks (keep the Done/Closed button or have it under the workflow?)

-Gérard

1 answer

0 votes
Gerard Cattin October 4, 2016

Found the answer: in the workflow step Closed for the parent workflow, enable draft mode in order to edit the step condition. Then select the condition tab, and make sure that the steps identified to prevent the parent card from closing is actually the closed step in the subtask. I had to change from Closed to Done as Done was the status used in the subtask workflow to close a card, and voila. Once all the subtasks are closed as Done, the parent card has a Done button displayed as expected.

Now I can go home and relax!

Suggest an answer