Parent link is not active. Problems with creating issue hierarchy levels above Epic

Ignas Selvestravičius September 22, 2022

I have a problem with creating an issue levels above the epic. I can create a new level above the epic but I am not able to link epics with the new level even though I have added Parent link field. The Parent link field is not active, I cannot press on it even though I have created the issue one level above the Epic.

What I am missing here?

image.pngimage.pngimage.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 23, 2022

Hello @Ignas Selvestravičius

Thank you for reaching out.

The Parent Link field can be used to link Epics with any customized hierarchies created at a higher level, as Initiatives. Since the levels seem to be correctly configured on your site, I believe you might be facing one of the issues below:

1. The Parent Link field is not added to the edit issue screen. You can check if that's the case by following the steps below:
    1. Navigate to your project > Project settings > Screens
    2. Click to edit the screen scheme related to your Epics, by clicking on the pencil icon at the right corner of the scheme
    3. Click on the screen related to the Edit operation - Or click on the Default screen, in case the same screen is used for multiple operations
    4. Add the Parent Link to the Edit Issue Screen
  2. Your team may have created another custom field with the same name, so you might be looking at the incorrect field. To check if this is the case, navigate to your custom field page and check if there is more than a single Parent Link field.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Ignas Selvestravičius September 27, 2022

Thank you. The problem was as you said "The Parent Link field is not added to the edit issue screen". Didn't know that it is possible to add a field to view without adding the field to edit screen. Now it works.

Like Petter Gonçalves likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events