Overlapping buttons on when embedding multiple issue collectors on a Confluence page

Melanie Albrecht December 9, 2018

I have Confluence 6.8.1 and JIRA 7.9.0.

I want to have two buttons on one Confluence page - each button will create a ticket with a different issue type in the same JIRA project.

I have created two issue collectors in the JIRA project, and I can use two instances of the HTML macro to embed each issue collector on the page.

My main problem is that the two buttons appear in the same location. They overlap, so that you can only see the button that calls the more recently edited  issue collector.

This co-location happens for any of the available trigger locations (Prominent, Vertical, Subtle).

Is the only solution for this overlap to use a Custom trigger?

1 answer

0 votes
Stephen Sifers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 13, 2018

Hello Melanie,

This is a very interesting idea. I believe the issue you are running into is how the CSS stylesheets are ordering/displaying. With this said, I would like to see your HTML macro along with that you have within them. From this we can review and see if there is a simple CSS stylesheet which can be applied within the HTML macro to allow the button to display elsewhere.

Please provide us with a screenshot of your page along with any HTML within the macros while in the edit screen.

I look forward to taking a look at this to see if there is a simple solution.

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

Javier González May 25, 2022

Hello @Stephen Sifers ,

I am fully aware this is a very old thread, but I am running exactly into the same issue. I am not sure if you're willing to take a look at my files, as it's not possible for me to separate these two buttons.

This would be the HTML code:

<html>
<head>...</head>
<body>
<h1>Hello World!</h1>

<script type="text/javascript" src="https://jiracorporativo22.atlassian.net/s/d41d8cd98f00b204e9800998ecf8427e-T/azc3hx/b/7/c95134bc67d3a521bb3f4331beb9b804/_/download/batch/com.atlassian.jira.collector.plugin.jira-issue-collector-plugin:issuecollector/com.atlassian.jira.collector.plugin.jira-issue-collector-plugin:issuecollector.js?locale=es-ES&collectorId=245247a4"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="https://jiracorporativo22.atlassian.net/s/d41d8cd98f00b204e9800998ecf8427e-T/azc3hx/b/7/c95134bc67d3a521bb3f4331beb9b804/_/download/batch/com.atlassian.jira.collector.plugin.jira-issue-collector-plugin:issuecollector/com.atlassian.jira.collector.plugin.jira-issue-collector-plugin:issuecollector.js?locale=es-ES&collectorId=4d5c5101"></script>

</body>
</html>

Am I supposed to add a CSS formatting? Let me know!

Best Regards,

Suggest an answer