Outlook plug-in for JIRA cloud creates empty issue in JIRA

Neil O'Connell December 17, 2019

I have been using the plug-in for sending Outlook emails to JIRA. It has been rock solid until this week or maybe last week when I noticed it is creating the issue in JIRA but no longer includes the body of the email in the new JIRA issue. This reduces the transfer back to a cut and past activity and no longer any benefit of using the plug-in. 

Anybody aware of a fix for this issue?

2 answers

0 votes
Neil O'Connell December 23, 2019

I primarily use Outlook on the Web and that is where the issue was found. 

Vitalii Saienko
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 21, 2020

Hi @Neil O'Connell 

Do you still see this issue?

0 votes
Stephen Sifers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 18, 2019

Hello Neil and welcome to the Community!

We appreciate you reporting this issue within Community. We would like to gather further information to find what might be causing the issue you're having with excluding the email body when creating issues. You mentioned this stopped functioning as expected a few weeks ago. I am able to see that Microsoft release an update to Office 365 ProPlus on December 10th, which might have been applied to your machine causing an issue with the plugin. But before we go down that route, I would like you to please a few things:

• What version of Microsoft Office are you using?
    • Examples: Office 365 ProPlus, Office 2019, etc.
  • What is your mail server?
    • Example: Exchange Server, Exchange Online, etc.

We look forward to hearing back to see what you’re currently using and see if an update has possibly caused an issue with the Outlook plugin.

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

Neil O'Connell December 23, 2019

Using O365 and outlook.office.com

Stephen Sifers
Atlassian Team
December 23, 2019

Hello Neil,

Thanks for confirming your products. I do see the following listed as supported products for the app:

• Products supported
    • Outlook on the Web
    • Outlook for Android
    • Outlook for iOS
    • Outlook 2013 SP1+
    • Outlook 2016 for Mac

Source documentation: Jira Cloud for Outlook (Official)

Could you please confirm which of these you're currently using?

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

Suggest an answer