It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Original estimates

Hello! I've recently just figured out how to create original estimates and have it displayed on my dashboard.. but i'd like to know more detail like how long each project will take or have more visibility with the gadget- seeing all estimates listed 

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder Community Leader Sep 18, 2019

Taelor,

Each project has a set of reports that are delivered with Jira.  https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/reporting-764478415.html  I would suggest using the time tracking report to view the following information:

• Original Estimate - The original estimate of the total amount of time it would take to complete this issue.
  • Estimated Time Remaining - The current estimate of the remaining amount of time it would take to complete this issue.
  • Time Spent - The amount of time spent on the issue. This is the aggregate amount of time that has been logged against this issue.
  • Accuracy- The accuracy of the original estimate compared to the current estimate for the issue. It is the difference between the sum of the Time Spent and Estimated Time Remaining fields, and the Original Estimate field.

which one would be best to have something displayed like this 

Bob- 2 weeks 

David- 4 weeks 

Dan- 3 weeks 

Total of 9 weeks

for that specific project 

Right now It only will tell me for that specific person that i've created a filter for or one for the WHOLE team but doesn't have names or anything just a total of how much time everyone will take on their tasks for all the projects within that dashboard- there's no specific project listed or anything if this all makes sense! Like this Screen Shot 2019-09-20 at 10.50.11 AM.png

Brant Schroeder Community Leader Sep 24, 2019

At the project level there is a report called workload pie chart that will give you information for that project.  

At the dashboard level I don't know and anyway to do what you are asking for without something like tempo timesheets.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira

Demo Den Ep. 7: New Jira Cloud Reports

Learn how to use two new reports for next-gen projects in Jira Cloud:  Cumulative flow diagram and Sprint burndown chart. Ivan Teong, Product Manager, Jira Software, demos the Cumulative ...

231 views 1 2
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you