Organizing inactive custom fields

Is there a way to organize inactive custom fields? What I mean is, if a field is no longer used on any screen but we don't want to delete it outright (for legacy purposes), is there a way to place it with other such fields? The Workflows have an expandable "inactive" section which is really useful for this purpose. It greatly reduce the number of visible items on an admin screen, while not accidentally deleting something that might have to be referred to later.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 vote

I'm afraid not - there's more than one way of disabling a field and it can get quite hard to work out whether a field is actively used or not. 

In fact, screens are the one way you can't reliably say that a field is unused - I've got fields in the system I'm looking at now that are not on any screen, but they're used for sorting and search.

The only fields you can definitely say are unused are ones that show in the list of custom fields with "not configured for any context"

Makes sense- thanks.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Jira

Mission-critical battery manufacturer fulfills FAA software requirements with Commit Policy Plugin

EaglePicher Technologies is a leading manufacturer of battery systems for diverse industries like defense, aviation, space or medical. As they operate in highly regulated industries, keeping a clear ...

177 views 0 2
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you