Organizing Projects

David Duran
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 17, 2017

We have a current live project that has maintenance issues (bug fixes small enhancements) and we are going to rewrite that project with newer technologies from scratch.  Should this be a new project in Jira?  What is a good way to organize or differentiate projects?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 17, 2017

I'd say it sounds like a good case for a new project.  But it very much depends on how you want to run your teams and project work.

I would be tempted to leave the current project open for maintenance fixes, and have a new project for the rewrite, as it's probably a separate bigger peice of work. 

I doubt the people doing the maintenance really care about the replacement when they're trying to support the old system, and I doubt the developers really want the support noise which applies only to something they're replacing.

Suggest an answer