Option to "Select All Status" on Search Issue(basic search)

Please can anyone help me or guide , how to achieve below functionality in jira

Just like Issue Type, where we can select All the Standard Issue Types or All the Sub-tasks Issue Type, we wish we could select all the status on Search Issue( basic search). Our workflow has more than 20 steps and it would be a lot easier with we had the option to select all the status instead of selecting one by one.

OR

Is there any options in configuration file to change so that it will automatically select all status in issue navigator (basic search) ?

2 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

@Tukharam. I don't believe what you want is available in basic search.

It's pretty easy in advanced search.

Here's a suggestion:

1. Select everything except the status in Basic search.
  2. Switch to Advanced. 
  3. Add the words "and status not in (Closed)" to the query which is displayed.
  4. Hit enter.

Switching from basic to advanced displays the advanced syntax for whatever you have selected in the basic search. After doing this a few times, you may find you prefer advanced.

If you have more than one status you want to exclude, change the clause to use a list, like: "and status not in (Closed, Canceled)

There are quite a few queries that are possible in advanced search that are not possible in basic search.

My team don't want to write or modify query everytime.

You can save any query, basic or advanced, as a filter.

This widget could not be displayed.
Josh Steckler Community Champion Apr 10, 2017

Hello Tukaram,

When you're doing a JIRA search, if you don't pick anything from the issue types list, you will get results from All issue types in the system. You aren't required to select anything in the drop-down in Basic search mode.

No , my requirement is as below

Would be awesome to have a "Select All" available in this drop down in the JIRA search, so that I can select all and then untick closed

Currently have to go through and tick everything except closed to exclude closed issues

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Aug 06, 2018 in Jira Service Desk

A is for Activate: Share your top Jira Service Desk onboarding tips for new users!

Hi, everyone! Molly here from the Jira Service Desk Product Marketing Team :).  In the spirit of this month's  august-challenge, we're sourcing stories of Jira Service Desk activation fro...

575 views 25 15
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you