Option to "Select All Status" on Search Issue(basic search)

Tukaram Bhukya April 10, 2017

Please can anyone help me or guide , how to achieve below functionality in jira

Just like Issue Type, where we can select All the Standard Issue Types or All the Sub-tasks Issue Type, we wish we could select all the status on Search Issue( basic search). Our workflow has more than 20 steps and it would be a lot easier with we had the option to select all the status instead of selecting one by one.

OR

Is there any options in configuration file to change so that it will automatically select all status in issue navigator (basic search) ?

2 answers

2 votes
Doug Swartz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 11, 2017

@Tukharam. I don't believe what you want is available in basic search.

It's pretty easy in advanced search.

Here's a suggestion:

1. Select everything except the status in Basic search.
  2. Switch to Advanced. 
  3. Add the words "and status not in (Closed)" to the query which is displayed.
  4. Hit enter.

Switching from basic to advanced displays the advanced syntax for whatever you have selected in the basic search. After doing this a few times, you may find you prefer advanced.

If you have more than one status you want to exclude, change the clause to use a list, like: "and status not in (Closed, Canceled)

There are quite a few queries that are possible in advanced search that are not possible in basic search.

Tukaram Bhukya April 11, 2017

My team don't want to write or modify query everytime.

Doug Swartz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 17, 2017

You can save any query, basic or advanced, as a filter.

0 votes
josh
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 10, 2017

Hello Tukaram,

When you're doing a JIRA search, if you don't pick anything from the issue types list, you will get results from All issue types in the system. You aren't required to select anything in the drop-down in Basic search mode.

Tukaram Bhukya April 10, 2017

No , my requirement is as below

Would be awesome to have a "Select All" available in this drop down in the JIRA search, so that I can select all and then untick closed

Currently have to go through and tick everything except closed to exclude closed issues

Like # people like this
Mo Barakat September 29, 2021

Have you figured it out? please let me know because im running into the same thing with our project.

Like Sarah Campbell Gates likes this
Paula Levin April 8, 2022

I would also like to see this feature.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer