Opening Additional JIRA tickets when one is closed.

I'm sure it involves scripting, but I am trying to open two new tickets when one is closed. Ideally, the new ticket could be linked to the old one.

Basically, when we close a ticket that was issued for software development, I'd like a ticket opened up for QA and Documentation Creation/Update.

Any pointers?

Thanks!!!!

Joe

2 answers

This can be done fairly easily with a SIL script using the app Power Scripts for Jira. Essentially you would write a script to create two issues using the createIssue and linkIssue routines and then trigger that script from a workflow post-function. Hope this helps!

Hi Joe,

Here's a video that has much of the related code you would need. This one is just doing it on creation rather than closing.

This HowTo doesn't have a video but is also doing similar things.

Hope that helps!

0 votes
Susan Hauth Community Champion Oct 20, 2017

Hi Joseph,

I know of at least two ways this can be done but both required plugins.

1.  Scriptrunner - Custom scripting

2. Jira Workflow Toolbox- It has a really comprehensive, easy to use create and link built in.  No scripting required. - ONly on Server

Hope this helps

Susan

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 25, 2018 in Jira

Atlassian Research Workshop opportunity on Sep. 28th in Austin, TX

We're looking for participants for a workshop at Atlassian! We need Jira admins who have interesting custom workflows, issue views, or boards. Think you have a story to sha...

454 views 7 5
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you