Only see assigne tickets

Eduardo Díez Sánchez January 27, 2021

Hi community

I need to create an ISSUE SECURITY so that the external users of a project can only see the ISSUES that it has assigned and nothing else and then the internal workers can see everything of that project.

two teams:

BTEAM will see all the tickets created in the project and will assign the tickets to ETEAM people who from this moment will be able to see the tickets.

ETEAM will see only the tickets to which the particular user is assigned. Between them they will not see the tickets of others even if they are part of the same group but they will see the ones that are assigned individually. This is because they are different external companies and they don't have to see it.

To implement it, I think that i must to do ISSUE SECURITY, but I don't know how to do it practically, yes in the theory but not in the practice, can you help me to do this step by step.

P.D- I saw https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/configure-issue-security-schemes/   and I don't know how I can to do for assigne only see their tickets

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 27, 2021

Hello @Eduardo Díez Sánchez ,

Welcome to Atlassian Community ...!

1, Create a new issue security scheme ( Settings -->Issue security Schemes)

2. Security Levels --> These are used to mention who all are members in this level

You can mentions Users / groups / Project Roles

Create 2 groups in Jira as (setting --> user management)

BTEAM --> internal users,

ETEAM --> External users,

Now 

in Issue security scheme

Create 2 Levels 

Level 1 --> for internal 

Level 2 --> for Internal & external

Now Go to Level 1 --> Add --> group --> select only  ETEAM (Internal)

Now for Level 2 --> Add --> Group --> select Both ETEAM, BTEAM (external)

Go to Current Project --> Permissions --> Go to "Set Issue Security" --> Edit --> add --> group --> ETEAM 

The above means who can select the --> who will view the issues as levels.

Now you have to restrict all the existed issues to internal users.

Search all internal issues --> JQL --> Bulk edit --> change issue security --> choose Level  1

When you applied the above , only internal users will able to select all issues in project.

Now for External users :

When you create / edit a ticket --> choose --> issue security as Level 2. So only your internal and external people can see the tickets.

Thanks

Wahoo!!! It's increible, thank's I try to do this. and I tell after if I have been able to do it or I have doubts. thanks @KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH 

I've a question @KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH, when you said:

Now Go to Level 1 --> Add --> group --> select only  ETEAM (Internal)

Now for Level 2 --> Add --> Group --> select Both ETEAM, BTEAM (external)

I must put by "default" in any of them? or I less?

And where Can I change the level security in the JQL, i put the project and I do a bulk.. bu I don't find the Issue security level

Thank's

KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 27, 2021

Hello @Eduardo Díez Sánchez ,

Jql -> Bulk -> Edit field --> choose "Security Level"

"Security Level" is the field name.

Where you can choose "Level 1" or "Level 2".

Thanks

Like Eduardo Díez Sánchez likes this

@KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH and thank's for all

The last questuion about the default scheme... I put this. Is correct? The default value which is? 

Captura.JPG

KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 27, 2021

The default is internal group 

Thank's.

I do all and I think and is good but... when I would change an issue (by JQL or individual)  or create a new issue the fields of level security is bizarre, look, I put 2 levels but in the issue only have one... 

image_2021_01_27T14_49_30_862Z.png

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 27, 2021

This just means your user is not part of a group (here: BTEAM) which is assigned to Security Level "Nivel 1".

In Jira an user must be part of the security level that is going to be selected.

Imagine you would select "Nivel 1" with your user - but have no access, you would be immediately "locked" out of the issue. This does not make sense, therefore it is not allowed.

Solution: you would need to add Grupo (BTEAM) to Issue Security Level "Nivel 1" to make things work.

Thank's @Daniel Ebers  because my user is admin site. 

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 27, 2021

The important factor for this case is to be member of the group (admin or not is not the relevant criteria in that case, unfortunately).

Eduardo Díez Sánchez January 28, 2021

Finally it runs all ok. Thank's @KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH and @Daniel Ebers 

Suggest an answer