Only global admin can complete sprint

Witold Rudnicki October 12, 2018

I've got a problem with a JIRA Cloud manage sprint privilege.

The local admin (with all permissions) can't complete one sprint in a project, only myself as a site admin can perform this action. What's interesting there is another sprint in the same board that local admin can complete. There is no external issues available in a filter queue ( project = CFPS AND issuetype in standardIssueTypes() AND status in (list of statuses) ORDER BY issuetype DESC, Rank ASC . We tried to remove issue links to external projects, but it didn't help. Does anyone help me with fixing this problem?

1 answer

1 vote
Manon Soubies-Camy _Modus Create_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 12, 2018

Hello @Witold Rudnicki,

Completing a sprint is related to the Manage sprints permission, have you checked it?

Hope this helps!

- Manon

Witold Rudnicki October 14, 2018

Thank you for fast response. Yes I checked and he has a manage sprint permission. Moreover as I mentioned he as a local admin can complete next sprint in the same board,

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 15, 2018

Can you please share the error displayed when hovering over the Complete sprint button? Something like that:

complete-sprint.png

Witold Rudnicki October 15, 2018

The message displayed information about lacking manage sprint permission. I can't share the screenshot, because I've completed this sprint (the team can't wait anymore for finding a solution for local admin privileges problem). I made a double check and found out that local admin has correct privileges and there are only issues from his project in current sprint. Moreover as I mentioned before he was able to complete another sprint from the same board

Community Leader
Community Leader
October 15, 2018

Thanks for this info! So, based on this KB:

• Check your board filter: looks OK from the JQL you initially shared
  • Check that the board has ranking enabled: that looks OK too
  • Check for issues in restricted projects: could you please do this?

If your project key is "ASDF" and your sprint is "ASDF Alpha" use this JQL:

Sprint = "ASDF Alpha" and Project != ASDF
Witold Rudnicki October 17, 2018

I'll try this next time I had to complete sprint so can't test this solution now. Thank you

Suggest an answer