Only Selected User (user picker) should only Check Box, only then a Transition can go forward!

Tej February 20, 2017

Hello

Here I have two custom fields Approved By (User Picker) and Approval (Check Box) options Yes or No

A Transition should go forward only if the person in Approved By selects check box 

any idea how to achieve this validation!

Here issue has to move from "In Progress" to "Done" where the current user cannot move it to Done state unless the CheckBox is selected by User in Approved By field

Thanks

Tej.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 20, 2017

Hi Tej,

I would make two workflow transitions out of this:

• The person in "Approved By" clicks a transition called "Approved" 
    As precondition, you can check, if the user is the one from the field "Approved By"
  • The next transition has a precondition that checks, if the custom field "Approval" is set to yes.

Tej February 20, 2017

Thank you! Thomas for the quick response, but is there any way we can do in only ONE transition? 

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 20, 2017

Maybe this works (I didn't test it, but it should work)

• First: precondition: User is in field "Approved By"
  • Second: Validator: Field Approved is set to Yes

With this approach, the user in "Approved By" is the only one who is able to click on the transition. 

You should add a screen to this transition, where the user can set "Approved" to yes.

Then, after clicking the button in the screen, the field "Approved" is checked.

Tej February 20, 2017

It doesn't work Thomas! 

If we use condition... The user in the field Approved By only can do transition but I want current user do transition unless it satisfy the validation that checkbox should be checked by the only user in "Approved By"

Here issue has to move from "In Progress" to "Done" where the current user cannot move it to Done state unless the CheckBox is selected by User in Approved By field

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 20, 2017

that's what I meant with "the user in "Approved By" is the only one who is able to click on the transition"

Make two transitions as I suggested and everything's fine wink

Suggest an answer