Online Customer Serice Solution?

Rachel LeBlanc
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 13, 2015

What does Atlassion suggest as a online customer service help/ticketing system?  I am familiar with Zendesk and JIRAs API integration.  However, is there anything more seamless (JIRA solution) offered?  I'm not sure if Service Desk fits our needs.  My company is a custom dev shop; creating systems/applications for clients that will be utilized by their clients/industries.  We would like to provide a help/feedback solution that allows our clients users to directly submit their inquiries to us to and/or JIRA from websites, without giving direct access into our company JIRA account?

5 answers

4 votes
Rich Duncan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 13, 2015
1 vote
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 14, 2015

Rachel, you can accomplish this in 2 ways:

1.) Use the JIRA issue Collectors and embed it to your web pages. You can collect bugs/feedbacks/questions this way. The reporter of the issue can be an internal ID only so it will not take space in your license. If you want to trace each user and communicate it back to them, you will have to create a plugin like IssueEvent listener (i made a plugin exactly like this)
2.) Create your own "issue collector" front end which sends info to your JIRA system (utilizing the JIRA API)

1 vote
nursihah_amir July 13, 2015

Rachel, maybe you can have a look into adopting the JIRA Issue Collector to your websites.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRACLOUD/Using+the+Issue+Collector

0 votes
Vladimir Horev _Raley_
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 24, 2017
0 votes
Rachel LeBlanc
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 15, 2015

Thanks to everyone for your help!

Suggest an answer