One user cannot mention another user in Comments

RakTeam January 4, 2019

I have a single user "A" who cannot mention a single user "B" in the comments of a jira ticket.

- User A has full privileges to comment on tickets in this project and even has the global permission to Browse Users.

- User B has Browse Issues privilege within this project.

Other users can tag User B in the comments of the same ticket.  User A can tag other users in the same ticket, just not user B.  What am I missing?

1 answer

0 votes
Sid
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 4, 2019

this is wierd, Other users can tag User B means the User B have the required permissions. So it is clearly not the permission issues. Can you see if the the other users who can tag user B and User A are part of same groups (or any group missing) that is blocking to tag user B?

RakTeam January 4, 2019

That is correct.  There are a lot of groups that differ as they are two different users, but I don't want their permissions to fully match.  They have the permissions that SHOULD work so I am wondering if there is something other than a permission that might be blocking this action for this user.  Or a permission needed to make it work.  I don't want to grant them all the same permissions of the other as this does not solve the problem. 

Sid
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 4, 2019

I know this is not accurate solution as User A can add other users but can you check if user A have to add watchers permissions and see User A can add User B as watcher?

nicolas.carrivale June 3, 2020

Hello, did you solve your issue? because same is happening to me and i can't find a solution (not permissions, not wiki style renderer, not email visibility). Best.

Suggest an answer