One sprint does not have any edit buttons, but the rest do

Terrence Sheflin
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 24, 2024

I am an admin on this project, and in the Backlog view I see the following:

Screenshot 2024-05-24 095019.png

Notice all of the sprints are editable except this one. What is going on and how can I fix it?

As a note, the colleague who created this sprint created it in this project and does see the buttons on the same board backlog, and they are not an admin. But I do not.

1 answer

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 25, 2024

Hi @Terrence Sheflin -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Does this scrum board's filter contain multiple projects?  For example: 

project IN (A, B, C) ORDER BY Rank ASC

If so, I am assuming those are all company-managed projects.

And...does that specific sprint contain issues for a project where you do not have access or sprint management permissions...yet your colleague does have such permissions?

Kind regards,
Bill

Terrence Sheflin
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 27, 2024

Hello @Bill Sheboy

Yes it contains 3 projects (itself plus two others). However I have verified that I have privileges in all 3 projects to edit sprints, and double checked I have the edit sprint buttons in those other projects for all other sprints.

One weird thing is the sprint that I can't edit doesn't show up in the backlog sprint list for the other projects, despite it containing items from those projects. It only shows up in the project it was created in.

This is different from all the other sprints that have items, those sprints show up in every project (and I can edit them all).

Thanks.

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 27, 2024

If you have sprint management permissions in both the source projects in the filter and this project, perhaps something is glitched with that specific sprint.

Perhaps work with your Jira Site Admin to submit a support ticket to Atlassian to take a look: https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events