On the serarch page, I may accidently assign a jira issue to myself but I don't know what caused it

尹擎 April 13, 2023

When I am changing the search options on the search page, for example filter a string in the "comment" area, I may accidently assign a jira issue to myself (which was not previously assigned to me). It looks that it is a keyboard shotcut which triggered that. I found that the "a" shortcut opens the assign window. But what makes it directly assigned to me as I didn't mean to enter my name in the assign window.

I met this issue several times.

Thanks for any comment.

Vivian

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Sachin Dhamale
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 13, 2023

@尹擎 

Welcome to the Atlassian Community !!

Its Fine Sometime this happens. there are some shortcut key through which you can assign/edit the issue

There is no any issue as such  provided there is no any automation apply on that assignee update event. 

you can simply open that issue and reassign to previous assignee.  you can get the previous assignee from history. 

Accept the answer if it helps

尹擎 April 14, 2023

@Sachin Dhamale 

Thank you very much for your quick reply.

But this does bother me. It happens at a frequency that I feel it annoying.

Is there a way to disable the shotcut? I'm not using this shotcut at all.

Thanks

Vivian

Like Sanjen Bariki likes this
Sachin Dhamale
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 14, 2023

@尹擎 

Yes you can disable it refer this doc 

Like # people like this
尹擎 April 14, 2023

This really helps.

Thank you @Sachin Dhamale 

Suggest an answer